Friday, April 6, 2012

landscapes









































My love and appreciation of nature has led me to paint a variety of landscapes in different media: Chinese brush on rice paper, gouache on paper or yupo, acrylics on paper or canvas, and oils on canvas.

From top to bottom, left to right:  Pines and Cranes, Santa Fe River, Twin Falls, Pavilion, Gazebo, Just an Inspiration, The Cricket Frogs of the Bunkhouse, Tina's commission, A Cloudy Day, Feel Good.

Below from top to bottom, left to right:  Durango Orchard Cottage, Iguazu, Taos Plum Tree cabin, Lockraven Park, Lake Winona.







At the beginning I used to pencil draw my thumbnail sketches to gather my thoughts whether I worked from a picture or plain air or from memory.  As time goes by, my mind is trained to draw my sketches in my mind and start painting.












No comments:

Post a Comment