Saturday, March 24, 2012

Today's show






Today I showed some paintings at JoMar gallery in Houston.  The three above were the stars posing for a lot of people who took many pictures of them. 

The one on top, I call "Zzzzz's of Nature", because it's soft and dreamy.  I used acrlylic paints and a soft brush. This one is one of my calmest paintings.  It happened some time after my dear father died.  I guess some of his calmness is reflected onto my paintings subconsciously.  I only became aware of it after I called it finished, noticing the lack of my usual vibrant colors.

The one in the middle is called "Origin", also in acrylics but using a palette kinfe and impasto technique, lots of paint heavily textured, with dry brush painting in some areas.

The one at the bottom named "Dragon Head Mountains" is done in oils using brush and palette knife. This one has a contemporary feel to it.  I call this type of painting "representational abstract".


No comments:

Post a Comment