Wednesday, March 28, 2012

From Impressionism to Abstraction, Cozy vs Crazy





















The painting on the left is my first in acrylics that I painted years ago.  I called it "The Archway to More".  This painting reassured me then that I was an impressionist.  It was unknown to me then where art may take me in the future but now, years later, after I painted the abstract painting on the right hand side -- called "The Fourway" because it looked right to me every which way I held it -- I understand that the world of art is endless indeed.

Now I know that I can call myself a realist, impressionist, contemporary artist, abstractionist, colorist.....maybe just an ARTIST because at this point I don't necessarily need to be inspired by any particular element to paint.  I can pick up the brush or palette knife and start painting and yet be confident that I will create an original painting that only I have created without being influenced by others.  All I had to do was to paint persistently, every chance I got, to get to where I am now and I hope I can continue producing more original works in the future to contribute to my growth even further.

My main source of inspiration is often Nature itself.  I paint out of what's on my mind which is the result of what I've observed, learned and experienced all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment